Likelihood of Undergoing Cosmetic Surgery
To provide insights that link demographic parameters, such as income, education, and family status (married/single/kids/no kids), to the likelihood of undergoing procedures like cosmetic surgery, cool sculpting, botox, etc., in the United States.
- According to the results of a scientific survey, published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, the average age of patients interested in plastic surgery was 34.5 years (range, 18–67 years).
- 84% of the patients interested were women and 16% were men.
- Average annual household income of survey-respondents was US$91 298.
- 56.3 of the respondents, interested in plastic surgery, were married, and 43.8 were not married.
- 16.7% of the patients interested in plastic surgery had previous experience of plastic surgery.
- As reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nearly 18 million people underwent surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in the United States in 2018.
- Among women, the ones who rated their self-esteem, life satisfaction, and attractiveness as low, had few religious beliefs, and had high media exposure were more likely to undergo cosmetic surgery.
- Older men expressed less willingness to undergo cosmetic surgery than younger men.
- Women equipped with secondary information on cosmetic surgery (via family and friends) reported increased likelihood of undergoing cosmetic surgery.
- However, studies also found that factors affecting the likelihood of undergoing cosmetic surgery varied with the type procedure involved
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.