The initial hour of research indicates that information regarding famous strongman athletes dating back to the 19th century and older is publicly available. However, information on comprehensive precompiled lists focusing on strongman athletes from this period alone is limited.
Famous Strongman Athletes
- Donald Dinnie, Thomas Topham, and Peter Francisco are examples of famous strongman athletes dating back to the 19th century. Details about their names and their active periods have also been entered in the attached spreadsheet.
- A comprehensive list of old-time strongmen and strongwomen can be found here. However, the list also includes those who were active in the period after 1979 but not 1900.
- An analysis of the first ten names in the list uncovered Angus MacAskill and Bernarr Macfadden as strongmen dating back to the 19th century. Their names have also been added to the attached spreadsheet.
- Other lists of famous strongman athletes dating back to the 19th century can be found here (History), here (Top Tenz), here (The Vintage News), and here (Pump One).
- In our preliminary research, we have uncovered various lists with names of famous strongman athletes dating back to the 19th century. However, the lists are not limited to this period alone and include some who were born or were active in periods after the 19th century.
- Due to the limitation of time, we have not analyzed these lists to extract the names and details of those dating back to the 19th century alone. We have also not provided brief overviews of those identified, including their feats of strengths. This can be done during the research phase.
- We can also continue the research to identify more lists as well as extract this information and populate it in the attached spreadsheet. For each strongman and strongwoman identified, we will provide the name, their date of birth or the period within which they were active, and a brief overview of the feats of strength performed.
- Below is the recommended research path.