Little-Known Biblical Commandments
To obtain a list of little-known bible verses or "rules" which are regularly disobeyed in modern times.
- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 indicates that if a man has a son who is "stubborn and rebellious", that son should be taken in front of the town elders and stoned to death. "
- "If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
- Leviticus 19:27 indicates that one should not be permitted to cut the hair on the sides of their heads, and men should not clip the edges of their beards.
- "You shall not cut the hair on the sides of your heads, neither shall you clip off the edge of your beard."
- Matthew 5:34 indicates that one should not swear any kind of oath, such as those taken in a court of law or in marriage.
- "But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne"
- Matthew 6:19-21 indicates that one should not save money or any other material possessions, such as in a bank account.
- "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.