Location Data: Gas and EV Charging Stations
To build a list of companies which are selling location data of gas & EV charging stations in Europe, the United States, and in China. For each company identified, the research should include the following data points: types of data provided (location, price, charges, etc.), key customers of each company, prices charged for the data provided.
Radar: New York, United States
- Radar is a location data startup headquartered at New York, United States.
- The company promotes itself as a ‘developer-friendly’, ‘privacy-first’ provider of location data infrastructure.
- The company does not categorize itself as an ad-tech company. Rather, it positions itself as a SaaS company which comes with years of experience in building and selling location-based products and services.
- Radar provides location data segmented across the following types: geofences, places, insights and regions.
- Industry segments that use Radar’s infrastructure include shopping, food, travel and entertainment.
- Some clients of Radar are: Burger King, Traveloka, Cars.com, Via, Trivago, etc.
- Gasbuddy is a company that helps to locate the nearest gas stations in the United States.
- Gasbuddy uses the location data infrastructure of Radar to facilitate its customers.
- Radar has custom pricing options available for its enterprise customers that are subject to further inquiry.
Recargo, Inc: California, United States
- Recargo, Inc. is another sustainable energy data and infrastructure company that was founded in 2009.
- The company is headquartered at El Segundo, California, United States.
- PlugShare is a data tool, developed by Recargo, Inc., that provides access to a comprehensive EV charging station database to its clients.
- For each of the charging stations, the types of data that PlugShare provides include the following: state/province, parking type, utility zone, access type, network, cost, etc.
- A wide range of client segments, such as automakers, utilities, charging networks, and market research firms use the services of PlugShare.
- Some specific companies that use the services of PlugShare are: GE, Nissan, Ford, EVgo, Honda, etc.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.