Logistics and Transportation Decision Makers
To define the appropriate key decision
makers and influencers on transportation and supply chain logistics for
operators of global commerce as well as their source of information. Also, to understand the a reasonable revenue threshold above which a company should
start considering a unified customer data platform.
- We couldn't find any document or industry report that identifies or defines the appropriate key decision-makers and/or influencers on transportation and supply chain logistics for operators of global commerce.
- To understand if there is a consistent job title or job description describing decision transportation and supply chain logistics key decision-makers, we looked at how a few global commerce company describes such people.
- Leadership titles Amazon uses to describe key leaders in supply chain logistics and transportation include "Vice President, Worldwide Amazon Logistics," "Director of Supply Chain at Amazon", and "Director, Amazon Logistics".
- At Target, the key decision-maker in the logistics and supply chain decision department is the "Senior Vice President, Global Supply Chain and Logistics."
- At Alibaba, the key decision-maker in the logistics department is the "Senior Director, Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management," however, the logistics arm Cainiao (majorly owned by Alibaba) is a different company with a CEO who is the key decision-maker in the logistics company.
- Our preliminary research suggests that logistics C-suite executives really on top industry publications and journals such as The American Journal of Transportation, CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly, among others, for information about the industry.
- We were unable to determine a reasonable revenue threshold above which a company should start to consider a unified customer data platform during our preliminary research. However, our research suggests that the need for a customer data platform is not necessarily dependent on a specific revenue threshold but that it is "most beneficial for mid-size and enterprise companies that want more insight into their prospects and customers by creating a true 360-degree view.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on data availability, we propose continuing with this research by dedicating additional research into the following: 1) 7-10 additional global commerce companies' transportation and/or supply chain logistics department to find the job titles/profiles of key decision-makers/C-suite executives in the department in order to ascertain the most common/consistent job title for decision-makers in the industry. 2) top 7-10 transportation and/or supply chain logistics publications based on popularity among global commerce transportation and logistics executives. 3) Research into factors or pointers that suggests that a company should start to consider a unified customer data platform.