Showcasing Thought Leadership
To provide best-in-class examples of how organizations are showcasing their thought leadership/point-of-view/blog content on their website and how organizations can best showcase a combination of different blogs or different topics/points-of-view in one collective section for their audiences within their website. This information will be shared with a client.
- This article provides a couple of examples of excellent thought leadership content.
- One example is Oprah Winfrey. Her website was chosen because of its authentic content and unique content which shows and is true to her core values.
- Oprah displays her thought content, among others, in her magazine, her live events, and also her Super Soul Sunday series.
- This shows Oprah's Super Soul Conversations, which helps her audience connect to the deeper meaning of the world around her. Episodes can be watched on the website and listened to on podcasts.
- She also shows thought leadership of others such as Iyanla Vanzant on her website where, again, full episodes of Iyanla: Fix My Life can be watched on the website and listened to on podcasts.
- Another example mentioned is Marie Forleo, who focuses on helping her audience build the life and business they want.
- Marie has a blog but also reaches and engages her audience through videos and interviews with industry leaders. She has a web-series Marie TV and answers her audience's questions on her YouTube channel and her website.
Summary of Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we focused on finding examples of how best-in-class examples of showcasing their thought leadership and perspectives on their websites.
- We found that there were not many articles on how thought leadership could best be showcased on a website. Most articles on thought leadership focused on how to produce content that is considered thought leadership and establishes the company as an authority.
- From an article, we were able to find a couple of examples that were considered as excellent thought leadership content and further explored their websites to determine in which different ways they presented their content.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.