Healthcare Provider Network Management
To understand if healthcare practices are moving toward using third party vendors, such as Kyruus and ZocDoc, rather than developing their own custom feature on their website; why practices that make this decision are doing it; and what vendors are most popular for the "Find a Doctor" feature.
- Vendors that provide services that allows healthcare providers to provide "Find a Doctor" features are working in the healthcare provider network management space. The market size of this space globally was valued at $47.60 billion in 2016, and is expected to grow to $302.25 billion by 2025. This represents a CAGR of 22.8%.
- In the U.S., strict laws and a focus in improving quality are driving the market.
- A second report on the market provided a very different market size, $3.12 billion in 2020. This reported predicted growth of 11.2% per year through 2024.
- Further research is needed to determine which of these reports is an accurate representation of the market and expected growth.
- Key players in the market include Trizetto Corp, Ayasdi, McKesson Corp, Optum, Genpact Limited, Infosys BPO, Syntel. Mphasis, Vestica Healthcare, and Aldera.
- The top 25 health insurance companies in the U.S. all use Ability to provide at least a portion of their provider network management.
Other Related Findings
- In 2017/2018, only 6% of employers contracted directly with providers, rather than through health insurers, to provide services for their employees. However, 22% said they were considering it for 2020. If these moves continue, they could impact the healthcare provider network management space.
- A survey done by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services found that 49% of provider listings had at least one error, and “inaccuracies with the highest likelihood of preventing access to care were found in 41.75% of all locations.”
Summary of Findings Related to Goals
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
- Our initial search found some contradictory data on the size of the healthcare provider network management industry, globally.
- We did uncover some key players in the space, however, this was only from one report and additional research would be necessary to confirm which of these may be true key players, as well as identify other potential key players.
- Data on how many companies are creating their own directories as opposed to using software from third-party vendors was not found in the initial search.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.