COVID-19 Updated Tourism Trends
To gather information regarding current trends or happenings in tourism post-COVID-19 lockdown. The information will be shared with a client.
- As of May 2020, many countries have taken steps to ease tourism restrictions. Some locations like Aruba, Bali, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Jamaica, The Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Portugal, and Spain, among others, are starting to receive or prepare for receiving international tourists.
- Many travelers want to start traveling and are looking for safety and fun.
- According to a study, 37.9% of respondents wish to travel again "as soon as travel bans are lifted," and 28.1% "will book the leisure trip they were dreaming about all this time."
- Hotels are trying hard to ensure the safety of tourists. For this, there is a new safety stamp from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), which applies to hotels and travel-related entities.
- Some destinations are cutting prices of transportation and accommodations to attract tourists after the lockdown. Greece, for example, "is cutting the Value Added Tax (VAT) or Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all modes of transport from 24% to 13%.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.