During our initial research, we reviewed several sources including magazine articles, blogs, and others to gather the common opinion of customers over the decision points, pain points, and other requested questions. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to exist enough information on this topic in the public domain since the majority of the available information is related to third party opinions on buying a pair of scissors, promotion of a branded pair, and others. No information is present in the public domain that demonstrates the awareness of customers regarding the brand they have of a pair of scissors and any role of recycled content while purchasing scissors. As a pair of scissors can be used for different operations like cutting succulents and hair cutting, hence the selection criteria differ for different operations. It is of note that the market sizes available in the public domain are paywalled and pertinent to surgical scissors, ultrasonic scissors, and others with no data on left-handed or right-handed scissors.
A summary of our findings is provided below:
- Pair of scissors are prone to breakage when used in heavy-duty situations.
- Customers suffer from discomfort and pain while using a pair of scissors with heavy force.
- Selection of the right size and shape while purchasing a pair of scissors is one of the most important decision points.
- For instance, customers prefer a pair of scissors with smaller blades for cutting from small succulents.
- The surgical scissors market is expected to reach $803 million by 2023 with a CAGR of 8.2%.
- The detailed report on the market size of surgical scissors can be found here.
Global Forecast for Household Scissors (Barens Reports, $850)