Wide Area Network Circuits
- To identify data around price and availability of WAN (Wide area network) circuits by size in the following countries: Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Bahamas, Barbados, Guyana, Cayman Islands, St. Lucia, British Virgin Islands, Grenada, Anguilla, Dominica, Turks & Caicos Islands.
- To identify the available circuits (MPLS, DIA, broadband), the sizes of the circuits (ex. 1.5Mbps/20Mbps/etc.), and which telecom providers/carriers offer these circuits. This information will be used to determine where alternative circuits are available for end customers to realize savings.
- There have been major plans by the Dominican Republic to invest in the network infrastructure in the next five years.
- In 2017, the total subscribers of fixed broadband in the Dominican Republic was 814,000 with an annual growth of 7% and household penetration of 26.9%.
- HSPA and LTE services and mobile broadband are rapidly growing.
- "Claro (America Movil) is a market leader in the Dominican Republic, and accounts for over half of fixed lines and nearly 60 % of mobile lines in the country."
- "Claro was responsible for 5.2 million of the country's 8.8 million lines at the end of October 2019, followed by Altice with around 3 million users and Viva with half a million lines.
Fixed Network Operators in the Dominican Republic
Major Mobile Operators
in the Dominican Republic
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.