Insights on Parental Control Industry
To find out insights on the parental control industry with specific focus on parental control apps. Research should typically include insights on traction metrics for app installs, member drop-off rates, challenges faced by the industry and latest trends emerging within the industry.
- As published by wondershare.com, some of the best free apps for parental control are as follows: FamiSafe, Spyzie, Kaspersky, mSpy, Net Nanny, Norton Family, Screen Time Limit KidCrono, ScreenLimit, Family Time and ESET Parental Control.
- Till their release, FamiSafe and FamilyTime have been installed more than 500,000 times each, whereas Screen Time and Kaspersky have been installed more than 1,000,000 times.
- Metrics that are typically used by investors to evaluate the traction of a mobile app are as follows: revenue generated by the app, number of active users of the app, retention rate of the app, session length/number of launches of the app and the app’s LTV (Lifetime Value) to CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost) ratio.
- As far as drop-off rates are concerned, according to a study by Localytics, 25% of users abandon an app (and never return) after just a single session.
- An average app loses 77% of its daily active users (DAUs) within the first 3 days after the installation and within 30 days after the installation it loses 90% of its DAUs.
- In terms of obstacles faced by the industry, parental control apps often prove to be too costly for an average parent to continue with since many players in the industry come up with high-cost monthly subscription plans after primary installation.
- Another major drawback of the parental control app industry is that some of these apps often turn out to be fake.
- In terms of overall market trend, the global parental control software market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 9.54% between 2018 and 2023.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.