National Teams Comparison: Sponsor Asset Values
To compile a list of sponsor assets (LED Board Minutes, Jumbo-tron TV, Onsite Activation, Database blast, Website Logo inclusion, Hospitality, Tickets, Goal signage, Social Media assets, etc...) and its respective value to compare national teams (US, UK, Canada, Brazil, Germany) in order to evaluate a proposal of the US Men's National Team.
Our background on national team sponorships in the US, UK, Canada, Brazil, and Germany revealed insights. Here are some key pieces of information we found:
Overview of National Teams Sponsorships:
- "The three kinds of most valuable sponsorship assets that can be offered are: hard assets, well-managed assets, and well-branded assets."
- Some of the best hard sponsorship assets are: digital media, signage, and event collaboration or participation. Digital media is the most valuable hard asset. Sponsorship assets most also be well-managed and well-branded in order to retain their value.
- In the UK, Premier League clubs have generated a record UK£313.6 million (US$412.5 million) from shirt sponsorship deals alone for the 2018/19 season.
- Projected revenue from sports sponsorships for the US and Canada in 2019 is $18.03 billion dollars.
- Caixa's sponsorship represented 20% of Brazil's national football teams in 2017. Caixa withdrew sponsorship this year which may lead to a 20% loss of revenue for these teams.
- Borussia Dortmund is a national team in Germany that currently has "one of the most powerful international appeals of all German sports brands" with "15.2 million followers on Facebook and 8 million on Instagram."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.