DevOps & Game Development
To find information in regard to devOps solutions and automation within the game development and game industries.
- According to a Markets and Markets report, the global devOps market was valued at $2.90 billion in 2017 and $3.42 billion in 2018. From the report, the value of the market was projected to reach a value of $10.31 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 24.7%.
- Another report by Fortune Business Insights estimated that the market was valued at $3.7 billion in 2018 and was projected to reach a value of around $15 billion by 2026.
- In 2018, only 9% of software developers that are responsible for the development and quality of web and mobile applications around the world noted that they had not adopted devOps into their work flow and had no plans to do so. In contrast, around 17% of developers noted that their entire company had fully adopted devOps, 13% noted that the majority of teams within their company are practicing devOps, 20% noted that a few teams within their company are fully emersed in devOps, and 22% noted that they had just undertaken their devOps journey.
Summary of Findings
- From the initial hour of research, information on the state of devOps in the game development industry is not highly available in the public domain. However, similar information for the devOps sector as a whole appears to be available.
- More research time is necessary to determine if the requested information is available for the game development sector. However, if this information remains unavailable, the research parameters will be expanded to feature the devOps industry in general and use the findings as a proxy of the game development industry.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.