Augmented Reality Gaming Industry Overview
Understand what companies in the augmented reality gaming industry are doing in marketing as well as the perceptions of these companies and best practices in the industry.
- According to a 2018 report, "Consumer understanding of AR can be somewhat
limited; however, perceptions are positive and provide
AR tools with the opportunity to easily fulfill consumer
- The most common channels that consumers expect to learn about augmented reality are Search engines, News platforms, App stores, YouTube, and a tech-savvy friend or family member.
- Most survey respondents view augmented reality as a way to make an app experience more fun and enjoyable.
- Most consumers assume that people that use augmented reality products are young or youthful
, tech savvy
, and into new experiences.
- Many consumers say that they would be interested in the use of augmented reality in decorating and retail shopping.
- Non-gaming consumers think that augmented reality would complicate gaming and make it confusing, however, most consumers think it would enhance the gaming experience.
- Most respondents are interested in the uses of augmented reality in video and picture for social media, however, some respondents feel this is going too far.
- Consumers feel that the best ways to learn about augmented reality would be through demonstration videos or
tutorials of the tool in action
and how to use it, free trial or downloads, and list of benefits and uses.
- Most consumers see augmented reality as fun and exciting.
- The augmented reality market in the United States is expected to grow to $117 billion by 2022.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.