High-End Gyms in London
To find information on high-end gyms in London. Key metrics to be researched will include number of members per location (per type of gym, ideally per square foot)
, number of active members (as a ratio of total members)
, average life of customer
, average customer acquisition cost
, average membership fee
, and staff per location (broken down by position).
U.K. Fitness Industry
- The penetration rate of the fitness industry in the U.K. stood at 15.6% or 10.4 million people i.e. 1 in every 7 people is a member of a gym.
- In the U.K. there are an estimated 7,239 fitness facilities up from 7,038 in 2018.
- Total gym membership in the country grew by 4.7% to 10.4 million.
- The market value of the fitness industry in the U.K. increased by 4.2% to £5.1 billion.
- Additionally, in 2019, 215 new fitness facilities were opened in the U.K. in the last 12 months, down from 275 in 2018.
High-End Gyms in London
- In 2015, the average gym-member in the U.K. spent £550 on membership. However, the average gym-member only went 13.5 times in that time - a cost of £40 per visit.
- However, there are a select number of gyms in the U.K. where the monthly cost of membership could pay for a month’s rent in London. These gyms are predominantly in London.
- One of the most luxurious gyms in London is KX Life. The gym is located in Chelsea.
- KX Life is divided into three segments i.e. KX Gym, KX Spa, and KX Restaurant.
- KX Life was founded 25 years ago, but it still remains modern looking.
- The average age of a KX member is 41 years while the gym has a monthly membership fee of £575 ($755.4) and a joining fee of £2,000.
- The membership of the gym is equally split between men and women.
- Other high-end gyms in London include Equinox gyms in Kensington and Bishopsgate. The monthly membership fee at these Equinox gyms is £205 ($269.33).
- Another high-end gym in London is the Clock. This gym offers a variety of membership options including an annual plan for £350 ($459.83) per month for 12 months, 4 month flexi plan for £450 ($591.21) per month for 4 months, 50 day passes for £1,750 ($2,299.15), and 20 day passes for £795 ($1,044.47).
- The Clock has three branches in the U.K. i.e. Notting Hill, Marylebone, and Barnes.
- Other luxury gyms in London include Lanserhof at The Arts Club, Third Space, South Kensington Club, The Berkeley Hotel Gym, BXR, and ESPA Life at Corinthia Hotel.
- This resource contains the joining and membership fees for each of the gyms listed above.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.