To identify home service companies that have loyalty/retention programs, including how these programs work. This research will help develop an understanding of loyalty programs in the home service industry.
Company: The Cleaning Agents
- The Cleaning Agents is a company that provides cleaning services for homeowners and renters.
- This is done in order to provide select benefits to customers in support of the business and promote its services through the customer loyalty program.
- This is a loyalty-based program through which customers earn points using different methods.
- The most important component of the loyalty program is the right to earn a free cleaning service.
- Points are accumulated in the following ways:
- First time clients- 25 points.
- Ongoing customers- 5 points per cleaning.
- Referrals- 15 points.
- Leaving a review on each platform- 5 points each (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Nextdoor).
- Following the Instagram and Facebook page — 5 points each.
- Reposting the company and tagging it — 5 points
- The rules are:
- Once one reaches 100 points, they join the hundred club whose reward is 25% off the next cleaning.
- Once a customer reaches 200 points, they join the two-hundred club whose reward is 50% off the next cleaning.
- Once a customer reaches 300 points, they join the three-hunded club whose reward is 75% off the next cleaning.
- When a customer reaches 400 points, they join the four-hundred club whose reward is a free cleaning.
Summary of Early Findings
- Our first hour of research was spent scanning for information surrounding loyalty and retention programs provided by home service companies. We determined that information on a variety of companies such as renovation, cleaning, furnace/air conditioning, pet care, lawn care, appliance servicing, plumbing, painting, among others, is publicly available. We included information on one company in the early findings.
- A U.S. focus was adopted for initial research and scanning for data availability. If broader focus is desired, please inform us in any response.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial hour of research determined that many home service companies have loyalty or retention services. We are, therefore, proposing further research to identify 5-7 additional companies that have loyalty programs. We will include a variety of companies providing different services such as home cleaning, renovation, cleaning, furnace/air conditioning, pet care, lawn care, appliance servicing, plumbing, painting, among others. Each loyalty/retention program will be described in detail, including how it works and any success metrics. A U.S. geographical focus will be used. If a broader geographical focus is desired, please communicate this to us in any reply. Please check this box if we should continue with this research.
We are also suggesting research that provides 2-3 best practices for loyalty/retention programs for home service companies. We will explain each best practice, why it is a best practice and 1-2 companies that are illustrating it. Please check this box if we should continue with this research.