To understand how plant-based trends have evolved in terms of dairy and meats to determine if the seafood market is 'large enough' to support plant-based seafood companies that can become as large as Beyond Meat has in the meat market.
- Plant-based milk comprises 13% of the entire milk category.
- In 2018, the US milk sales were down by one billion dollars while sales of plant-based milk kept rising.
- Between 2017 and 2018, plant-based milk has grown by 6%.
- Sales of cow's milk has declined by 3%.
- 11% of consumers are attempting to consume less dairy.
- Soy milk costs $4.29 per half-gallon (64-ounces), dairy milk costs $2.17 per half-gallon, and oat milk is at $5.29 per half-gallon.
- The net sales of the dairy market was at $13.6 billion in 2018 versus $14.7 billion in 2017.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.