International Brands: Launching in the U.S.
To identify brands that successfully launched in the U.S. after effective brand building in their home countries, with a focus on their social media and web launch plans. This research will inform a social media content strategy for a popular Australian brand that is planning to launch in the U.S.
JP Boden and Co.
- JP Boden (better known as Boden), is a British clothing retailer that was founded in 1991. It sells clothing with the brand name Boden. As an international brand, it operates in countries such as the UK, U.S., Germany, and Australia.
- The branch established itself in the U.S. in 2008 and used IT as its core, with a major priority being the digitization of the catalog.
- The company majorly invests in the redevelopment of the website infrastructure for the provision of new digital platforms that have higher flexibility.
- In 2017, the company revealed that about 40% of its revenues came from the U.S. During the first half of 2018, sales in the U.S. rose by 12 percent.
- The company has managed to increase its brand's availability online in the U.S. beyond the website through deals with La Redoute, Zalando, and Next Label. Most of the sales are made online.
- In the U.S., the company has a website where shoppers can place their orders and have them delivered.
- This e-commerce platform was established with the launch of the brand in the U.S., and this was an important strategy that ensured the brand's success.
- Even though social media was not prominent at the time of its expansion into the U.S., the brand now uses these platforms to strengthen itself in the U.S. and other markets. On Instagram, the verified page has new posts every other day, and the shopping promotion feature is used to strengthen sales. The brand has 385,000 followers.
The same applies to Facebook, where 687,283 people like the page.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.