Baby Care Trends
To enhance understanding of ways baby care products and brands appeal to Millennial moms, in order to inform a right to win strategy.
Marketing to Millennial Moms
- Millennial moms value safety, convenience, and style for their babies, in addition to wanting sustainable products.
- Items such as play pens and baby swings help keep a baby entertained and happy and enhance safety while the mother does other tasks.
- Millennial moms value technology, such as monitors with video and connecting to a phone app, to assist in providing a secure feeling for the mother.
- Items with multiple functions are valued by Millennial mothers, such as multipurpose diaper bags and deluxe strollers.
- Mothers today tend to value style, wanting themselves and their babies to have the best, most trendy items.
- Millennial mothers tend to desire items that are healthy and environmentally-friendly, such as organic foods and green materials.
- Items allowing hands-free or minimal hand operation needed appeal to this generation, as it allows multitasking and fostering independence.
- While cloth diapers were popular with recent generations, Millennial mothers tend to prefer disposable diapers, as these require less cleaning time.
- Millennial moms tend to value brands linked to nonprofit and charitable causes.
Popular Baby Care Brands
- Mom Junction rated the top baby care brands of 2019.
- Pampers, Johnson & Johnson, and Philips are long-standing baby care brands that remain on the list of top 10 brands.
- Brands offering all-natural products are gaining popularity, such as Biotique and Lotus Herbal Baby+.
- Additional top brands offer multiple types of baby products, such as Chicco, Mee Mee, and Mothercare.
- Ranker rated the top 10 baby brands as Avent, Gerber, Pampers, Disney, Huggies, Johnson & Johnson, Graco, Chicco, Baby Einstein, and Aden + Anais.
- Top brands and products for diaper pails for 2020 include the Playtex Diaper Genie Complete, Dekor Classic Diaper Pail, Ubbi Diaper Pail, Munchkin Step Diaper Pail, Busch System Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail, Baby Trend Champ Deluxe, and The Diaper One N Done.
- Traits evaluated to determine the top diaper pails for 2020 included budget considerations (budget-conscious or splurging), odor control, diaper type, and space considerations.
- Pampers is a well-known baby product brand, which has remained popular since the 1970s.
- Partnerships with well-known child-oriented charities, such as UNICEF, keep their brand recognized and unique. This appeals to the Millennial mother's desire to support social causes.
- Pampers recognizes the increasing focus on safety and sustainability, and they highlight these traits with their brand and products.
- Products offered by Pampers cater to children from newborn to preschool, keeping relevance through a child's early years.
- Dr. Thomas DeWitt, a pediatrics professor and associate chair for Cincinnati Children's Hospital pediatrics education department, is a board member for Pampers. Dr. DeWitt notes Pampers understands unique family needs and situations, and assisting in pediatric education and decisions is an important piece of the brand as well.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.