Kitchen or Bathroom Appliances: Purchase Journey
To find out insights that help to understand consumers’ purchase journey for big ticket kitchen or bathroom appliances and fixtures. The research should also find out insights that explain how the rise of smart kitchen and bathroom devices has changed this journey and what influences media has on this purchase journey for a modern day consumer.
- The purchase of big ticket kitchen appliances in the United States is primarily driven by the quality of the product.
- In a survey that asked its respondents about the aspects that were most important to them when buying household appliances in the United States, 81 percent of respondents cited product quality as one of the most important criteria.
- In a similar kind of survey which asked for the aspects that were most important to consumers when buying a refrigerator, 75 percent cited the product's quality as one of the most important aspects.
- According to trend-monitor’s research on the kitchen appliance market of the United Kingdom, the decisions driving a new kitchen installation have become more complicated with the shift of the kitchen space from a utilitarian area to the entertainment and leisure hub of the home.
- The research also finds that 89% of householders undertake some kind of research prior to purchasing their new kitchen, with ‘design inspiration’ being their primary research intent.
- 25% of new kitchen installations are planned by the householders themselves and 5% of new kitchens keep the same layout as before.
- As far as the role of the media is concerned, fueled by TV cookery programs, cooking has now become a lifestyle statement creating the need for even more kitchen space.
- Moreover, owing to the significant growth in the number of social media influencers, the modern day consumer, equipped with their tablet or smartphone, has access to a wide range of design ideas, brands, products and retail outlets.
- In the United States, the smart appliances segment is expected to witness an annual growth rate (CAGR 2020-2024) of 17.6%, resulting in a market volume of US$9,093m by 2024.
- Currently, the household penetration of smart appliances in the United States is 12.5% which is expected to reach 21.3% by 2024.
- According to analyst opinions, the high amount of revenues in the smart appliance segment are generated mainly by relatively high product prices.
- However, the purchase journey of a smart appliance consumer often starts with lower-priced small appliances, such as smart coffee machines or vacuum robots.
- People who already own products from other smart product segments are more likely to purchase large, higher-priced kitchen appliances like fridges.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.