To understand the advantages and features of some FuboTV competitors by identifying these competitors and outlining their features. This will also include data supporting the thought that FuboTV doesn't have a strong competitive advantage over its competitors.
- FuboTV's starting price is $54.99-$60/month. This cost is way higher compared to other sports streaming services such as Hulu ($5.99/month), Amazon Prime Video ($8.99/month), or Sling TV ($30-$45/month). FuboTV is referred to as one of the most expensive options.
- One of its disadvantages before is its lack of ESPN channel though that is no longer the case now as it already added ESPN as well as other Disney channels to its channel lineup. The problem is when it added Disney channels, it dropped Turner's which made it unable to carry "popular channels like TNT and TBS - so subscribers won't get NBA or MLB games from either network."
- According to Flixed, the best alternatives for FuboTV are ESPN+, AT&T TV, Sling TV, Hulu With Live TV, Now, Vidgo, YouTube TV, and Fox Soccer Match Pass.
- FuboTV has regional, national, and international sports coverage. According to CNet, FuboTV caters mainly to sports fans.
- FuboTV also has a cloud DVR storage and retention of 30 hours. On the other hand, YouTube TV's DVR storage is unlimited.
- At $60/month, FuboTV offers a total of 65 channels while YouTube TV ($65/month) offers 75 channels. Hulu with Live TV ($55/month) has 60 channels while AT&T TV Now ($55/month) has 45 channels.
- This is a "great streaming service for sports fans" which includes "BTN, CBS Sports Network, seven ESPN channels, FS1, FS2, Golf Channel, and NBC Sports Network."
- Hulu is priced at $5.99/month but the Hulu with Live TV which has 60 channels is priced at $55/month. This is cheaper compared to FuboTV but it also has fewer channels, fewer by 5 channels. However, a subscription in Hulu will also allow the viewer to have access to Hulu's library of shows and movies.
- Just like FuboTV, Hulu also has regional, national, and international sports coverage.
- Unlike FuboTV's DVR retention, Hulu's DVR retention is at 50 hours. Hulu's DVR retention is higher by 20 hours compared to FuboTV's.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.