Low and Zero Alcohol Beverage Market
To determine the market size of low and zero alcohol beverages globally broken down by leading states, brands, case volume, dollar volume, and potential growth for the next 5 years.
For the purpose of this research, we have defined low alcohol beverages as beverages that have 0.5% to 5.5% maximum ABV (alcohol by volume), and zero alcohol as beverages whose alcohol content has been removed. Below are some of our findings:
- The volume consumption of alcohol-free beer is projected to increase at a CAGR of 24.7 percent between 2020 and 2023, according to recent estimates from IWSR.
- The combined global market sizes for non-alcoholic wine and beer was worth $23 billion in 2017, and it is expected to reach $43 billion by 2025.
- In the US, the sales of low and zero alcoholic beverages is expected to grow by 38.8 percent in 2022. The UK is also projected to show similar growth rates. According to the report, the ready-to-drink product category is expected to grow by 44.3 percent within the same period.
- Overall, the global low-alcohol beverages market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.21 percent between 2017-2021.
- The non-alcoholic beer market size is estimated to exceed $25 billion by 2024.
- In terms of volume, the global low-alcohol beverages market is projected to reach 38.06 billion liters by 2021, expanding at a CAGR of 7 percent.
- According to Business Wire, low alcohol beer attained a majority market share of 66 percent of the global low alcohol beverage market in 2016.
- In the U.K., low- and no-alcohol brands represent 1.3 percent of the country’s total beverage alcohol market, according to IWSR. In the U.S., that number is even smaller at 0.5 percent.
- The European non-alcoholic beer and wine market generated revenue totaling $3.9 billion in 2017.
- In the Asian region, the non-alchoholic beer market was worth $4.3 billion in 2017 and is projected to surpass $7.5 billion by 2024.
- The UK is expected to generate $511.5 million from the sales of non-alcoholic wine and beer by 2024, while Spain is projected to generate $ 628.9 million.
Some of the key vendors in the global low-alcohol beverages market include:
Summary of Findings
In the additional hour of research, we were able to provide several insights relating to the market size of low and zero alcoholic beverages globally. However, there are few publicly available insights from Statista, and related Euromonitor report on low and zero alcoholic beverages is locked behind a paywall. However, we were able to identify a number of paid reports that may likely contain additional information. The following paywalled reports may have more useful information:
- Blurring Lines in Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks (2019) published by Euro Monitor.
- Non-Alcoholic Beer Market size (2019) published by Global Market Insights.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.