Low and Zero Alcoholic Beverages - Top Nation Consumers
To identify the top 8 - 10 markets (nation-states) for low and zero alcoholic beverages globally.
The top three markets for low and zero alcoholic beverages in the world are the US, China, and Germany. For the purpose of this research, we have defined low alcohol beverages as beverages that have 0.5% to 5.5% maximum ABV (alcohol by volume), and zero alcohol as beverages whose alcohol content has been removed. Below are some of our findings:
- The US is the largest market for low and zero alcoholic beverages in the world. In 2017, the US low and zero alcoholic beverages was valued at $3 billion.
- According to a recent report by IWSR, low- and no-alcohol beverages account for 0.5 percent of the entire US beverage alcohol market.
- China is the second-largest market for low and zero alcoholic beverages globally, and the largest market in the Asia-Pacific region. In 2017, China generated a total of $900 million from the sale of low and zero alcoholic beverages.
- Germany is the third-largest market for low and zero alcoholic beverages globally, and the largest market in the European region.
- In 2017, the total market size for low and zero alcoholic beverages was valued at $868 million.
- A total of 10.5 million people regularly take low and zero alcoholic beverages in the country, according to Statista. In 2018, about 41 million of the 620 million liters of beers produced in Germany were alcohol-free.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.