Major Brands - Using content to drive subscriptions
How major brands in the US entertainment media, healthcare, finance, and automotive sectors are using content to drive subscriptions to their services.
- Netflix is one of the top brands that uses content to drive subscription.
- One of the ways Netflix does this, is by investing in enough original content to market itself.
- Netflix has a high budget for original content. Annually, it gets new subscribers due to this.
- Popular shows like Elite and Stranger Things are original series by Netflix. When the new season of Stranger Things came out a few months ago, it trended on all social media platforms and was watched by over 40 million accounts in four days.
- Netflix has a strategic way of releasing movies and series.
- It released the second episode of Stranger Things a few days before Halloween due to the show's scary theme.
- It also releases a lot of movies in the romance genre during Christmas due to how romanticized this period has become.
- Not only can users watch Netflix through a computer, it can be used on any mobile device including a smartphone and tablet.
- Most of its users are millennials and gen zers and these generations are known as the smartphone generations, Netflix appeals to them by offering its content on mobile devices.
- Netflix uses bug data to study and predict the behavior of its subscribers.
- The brand "tracks your browsing behavior; what time you watch content; when you pause, rewind or fast-forward; and what kind of content is viewed on which day. "
- Through this, it knows what kind of content users want and creates them. For example, they spent around $100 million on House of Cards because they knew it would appeal to certain audiences.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.