Male Managers:Attitude towards women diversity
To determine the perception of male managers about the diversity of women and Arab minority in their organizations, recent studies on attitudes of male managers on supporting diversity of women, comparison between supporting the diversity of women versus diversity of ethnic groups (such as Arabs) in organizations, and what belief do the male managers possess regarding the diversity of women in their organizations(like do they believe it to have a positive/ negative impact on the organization).
As we dove into the background research of this topic, we encountered various studies conducted in the past but most of them focused on the attitudes towards the women at managerial positions or attitudes of male managers towards women in general in their organization excluding the diversity factor. However, there seems to be very little information regarding the belief of positive/negative impact of women diversity in the organization. A summary of our findings is provided below:
- According to research conducted over a group of people in Ghana, it was observed that male managers and female managers possess the same attitude towards women in management. The most probable reason for this was the higher educational attainment of the managers since education helps enlighten people view's on different issues.
- According to the above study, no sex difference was spotted when it comes to attitude towards the diversity of women in the organization.
- According to research conducted by Survey Monkey, 60% of male managers feel uncomfortable working with women including participating in common, job-related activities with women such as working alone together and others.
- The managers claimed that they would prefer working with other men in their organization rather than females due to the probability of #MeToo issues.
- The male managers seem to avoid women in their organization due to several concerns including fear of sexual harassment, fear of misinterpretation of friendliness, and others.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.