Maritime AI Tech Investors
To find companies/firms that are investing in maritime AI tech companies in order to aid a fundraising effort.
As we dove into background research on the subject, we discovered the following insights;
- SF Express, one of the leading courier company in China, recently invested $100 million in Flexport, a software-powered freight forwarder that uses AI in its solution.
- Founders Fund was the lead investor during the Series A fundraising for Flexport in 2014 when the company was still in its infancy. SoftBank Investment Advisers is another company that led an investment round.
- PSA unboXed, New Enterprise Associates, and Innovation Endeavors are firms that recently invested in a Series A fundraising for ClearMetal. ClearMetal provides AI-powered insights into the logistics and transportation process for shippers, logistics providers, and retailers.
- The Junction is another company that invests in maritime tech as the company was the seed investor in Loginno, a maritime tech company based in Israel.
- Microsoft’s venture arm, M12, lead an $11 million series A fundraising for Nautilus Labs, a company that is building an AI solution that will optimize fleet management and help reduce fuel consumption. Other investors include Quiet Capital, Amplifier Lab, Root Ventures and Trail Mix.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on the findings from our preliminary research, we propose dedicating additional research to find 8-10 companies that are investing in AI maritime tech companies. For each of such companies, we will provide the company's website, location, maritime tech companies they invested in, and the type of maritime tech companies they are looking to invest in.