US Baby Registry Market
To understand the market for baby registries in the US, including the target customer demographics in the US and other developed countries, total dollar amount spent on baby registry gifts in the USD over the last 10 years, and the average individual amount spent on baby registries over the last 10 years. Other goals of this research are to understand the average total cost of newborn and postpartum care in the US, the average total cost of new baby products in year 1 of baby's life in the US, and the global baby care products market size.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine how much the average cost of newborn and postpartum care is in the US, the size and expected growth of global baby care product market, and the average cost of a baby's first year. Below is an overview of our early findings.
Baby Care Products Market
Cost of Newborn and Postpartum Care
- The average cost in the US for prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care for a vaginal birth is $22,734.
- The average cost for intrapartum care in the US for a vaginal birth is $16,165.
- The average out-of-pocket costs for vaginal intrapartum care is $1,686.
- For a caesarean section in the US, the average cost for prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care is $32,062.
- The average cost for intrapartum care is $24,572.
- The average out-of-pocket cost is $1,948.
- The average cost of newborn care after vaginal delivery in the US is $5,809.
- The average out-of-pocket cost is $558.
- After a cesarean birth, the average cost of newborn care in the US is $11,193.
- The average out-of-pocket cost is $721.
Cost of Baby in the First Year
- The USDA conducts research the cost of raising a child, and they have been since 1960.
- Based on their most recent Expenditures on Children by Families report in 2015, in a married, two-child, middle-income family, the average cost of a baby's first year is $12,680.
- This cost was estimated to increase to roughly $17,000 in a one-child, middle-income household in 2018.
- Since circumstances vary widely on how much a baby will cost in their first year, there are calculators that can calculate how much the baby's first year will cost based on the parents' circumstances.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.