COVID-19: Device Purchase and Browser Usage
To research on trends surrounding the purchase of devices and browser usage in the U.S., Europe, and China during the COVID-19 outbreak owing to working from home and the quarantine.
- Notebooks are flying off the shelves in the UK as Brits stay at home to work and rest.
- In Computacenter, one of the largest resellers in Europe, the chief executive said that he had been signing 500, 1000, or 2000 laptop deals with customers that are equipping their customers to work remotely.
There are also similar spikes in the sales of monitors, VPN services, and wireless LANs.
Anything that aids home working is being purchased at a high rate. This includes unified comms, headsets, and screens.
- There has also been an increase of traffic in the use of collaboration software like Skype, Slack, Zoom, and Webex from vendors.
- Headset sales in Europe have increased by 32 percent from week 7 to week 10 of 2020 based on year-on-year growth.
- Notebook sales to retailers and online resellers have increased by 28 percent.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.