Market Research Firms - Common Services
To understand some of the most common services offered by market research firms. An ideal response would be "the most common services are X, Y, Z.
" As well, to see some examples of service lists from some boutique agencies in the field.
- Market research firms are most commonly divided into five categories. Research Report Purveyors, Field Service Firms, Mystery Shopper Firms, Market Research Consultants, and Full-Service Market Research Firms. For the purposes of this project, we are focusing on Full-Service Market Research Firms.
- "Market research is the process of determining the viability of a new service or product through research conducted directly with potential customers. Market research allows a company to discover the target market and get opinions and other feedback from consumers about their interest in the product or service."
- Common services offered by market research companies are primary and secondary research. "Primary market research consists of things such as consumer observation, surveys, or focus groups, and it is usually designed to collect information about a specific product or service to be offered. Secondary market research is gathered from publicly available reports, such as annual trade association reports or government data, and it is usually more industry-focused."
- Ameritest was founded in 1990 and has 40 employees. They offer visual diagnostics allow their clients to see how the collective mind of their consumer is filtering their message. They offer brand communication strategy, advertising research solutions, and in market tracking solutions.
- BARE International
was founded in 1987 and has 350 employees worldwide. They provide customized research solutions which include mystery shoppers, customer surveys, face to face interviews, social media monitoring, brand audits, and compliance and regulatory audits.
was founded 2001 and has 30 employees. They are a full-service market research consultancy that combines expertise in marketing research, product research and sensory science. They offer exploratory services, concept development, product development, market research, sensory analysis, industry expertise, and global capabilities.
- Decision Analyst
was founded in 1978 and has 150 employees. They are a global research and analytical consulting firm that specializes in multinational studies on market segmentation and brand strategy; new product development, concept testing and volumetric forecasting; shopper insights and path-to-purchase analyses; advertising testing and tracking; and usability and Website optimization. Their clients include 7-Eleven, Adobe, Atmos Energy, BIC, Brown-Forman,
Cabela's, Chevron, and Chick-fil-A among many, many others.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.