Market Research - Personalized Clothing
To find the psychographic and demographic segmentation of individuals purchasing personalized clothing (patches, iron-on, etc.) which will include data such as geographic location, age, gender, income, online purchasing habits, and sleeping habits. This information is intended to help understand the potential market for a new product.
- Millennials spend twice as much on apparel annually than other generations.
- Millennials are shopping online at marketplaces like Amazon, Poshmark, and eBates.
- Among the 18 and over age group in the US, 29% of their personalized apparel and footwear has been purchased online.
- According to a survey conducted by YouGov, 37% of consumers aged 18 to 24 had at least some form of personalized clothing.
- From that same survey, one-third of the 35 to 49 age group also had customized clothing.
- Patches4Less is a company that sells patches online; 70.58% of its customers are located in the US.
- Some companies that make and sell clothing patches are Custom Patches, American Patch, and Color Patch.
- People who visit the Patches4Less website are doing so by searching online first.
- Individuals are searching online for customer patches or iron on patches.
- Reddit, YouTube, and Facebook dominate Patches4Less’s website traffic from social.
- Some interests of Patches4Less consumers include fashion and apparel, jewelry and luxury products, financial planning, and business.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research was unable to find much demographic or psychographic information about people who buy personalized clothing. However, our analysis does suggest that relevant data could be located by finding and researching at least five companies that sell customized clothing. For each company, we recommend listing an overview of the type of personalized clothing they sell, their revenue, and how long they’ve been in business.
In addition, we recommend drafting a demographic and psychographic profile of the consumers who shop at the five companies identified. If chosen, the profiles would include their consumers' age, gender, location, income, interests, and hobbies.