Skin Diseases Market
To identify the market size for skin diseases (globally, EU, US, and China), the market size for treatments, give a demographic of skin problems (by age and gender), competitors or new technologies/solutions that are available, and costs.
- "The global dermatologicals market accounted for $15,563 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $36,205 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.9% from 2019 to 2026."
- Dermatological agents, also known as dermatologicals, are products that are applied topically on the skin. These products are used to treat skin conditions, such as pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and psoriasis, and are also employed to prevent certain skin disorders. Dermatologicals are also used for routine skincare for skin maintenance.
- The growth of the dermatologicals market is due to the "rise in demand for topical dermatological drugs such as anti-inflammatory agents, anti-infective, local anesthetics, cleansers, and emollients to treat acne. Additionally, the rise in awareness about skin diseases, high demand for rapid diagnosis, and a surge in the incidence of skin cancer and other skin disorders are among the factors that boost the growth of the dermatologicals market."
Some dermatologicals, such as systemic preparations, are used in patients who are not responsive to topical medications. These preparations are also used to treat various skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- In 2018, the psoriasis segment held the largest share of the global market (~40%). The dermatitis segment had the fastest CAGR (12.3% by 2026). Other segments in the dermatologicals market include skin cancer, rosacea, and alopecia.
North America and Europe
- "North America accounted for the major dermatologicals market share in 2018 and is expected to continue this trend."
- There has been an increase in the incidence of skin disorders such as dermatitis, acne, and psoriasis, which has contributed to the growth of the market in the North American region.
- According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, more than 3.5 million people across the U.S. alone are diagnosed with skin cancers each year.
- North America is the largest market for skin disease treatment, followed by Europe. Skincare management has been a growing market in the developed regions of North America and Europe due to technological advancements and the availability of the latest products and devices for the treatment of skin diseases, as well as the rice of skin cancers and allergic skin reactions in these regions.
Common Skin Conditions in the U.S.
- In the United States, acne affects up to 50 million Americans annually and is the most common skin condition in the country.
- "It is estimated that more than 9,500 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with skin cancer every day.
- Rosacea affects roughly 16 million Americans.
- In the United States, approximately 7.5 million people have psoriasis.
- Hair loss affects an estimated 80 million Americans.
- "One in 10 people will develop atopic dermatitis during their lifetime."
- Asia-Pacific is forecasted to have the fastest growth due to the increase in awareness regarding the use of dermatologicals.
Major Players in The Global Dermatologicals Market
Active Biotech Companies with Recent Developments:
- For the initial hour, we tried identifying as much of the requested information as possible. We were able to identify some early insights on the global Skin Disease/Dermatological market. A breakdown of the market size for the EU, the US, and China and a market size for skin diseases, in general, did not appear publicly available in this search.
- Additionally, demographic information did not appear immediately available. However, research indicates that some general demographic insights are available for some common skin conditions in the U.S. as well as general insights on treatment costs. We can also identify more insights on the competitors in the global market. We can continue researching this further if this is of interest.
- Please let us know if there are other topics of interest that we should research further.
- Feel free to add or select an option below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.