Military Uses for Articulating Arms
Complete market research on articulating arms for military use, including US market size, US market volume over the last five years, key applications, images, and US key players (manufacturers).
- The articulating arm market is part of the Metrology Services market. Globally, this market is expected to be worth US$ 985.0 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2016 to 2023.
- Articulated arms are primarily used in the following industries: aerospace, automotive, military and manufacturing.
- One application of articulating arms that is in development for the US army is an articulating arm attached to soldier's body armor that would help them carry heavy weapons.
- The Buffalo Mine Protected Route Clearance Vehicle is a vehicle used by the US Army. It is equipped with an articulating arm to "dig, extract, and remove objects in the soil without exposing the vehicle’s crew."
- Top manufacturers in the global articulating arms market include Acebil, Ingersoll Rand, Zacuto, 9.SOLUTIONS, Cavision, OXID Corporation, Optotek Medical, Dectron, AIMCOManufacturing and Pearstone.
- L3 Harris Technologies is one of America's largest defense firms. They make military products with articulating arms, like the Mine Protection Vehicle Family (MPVF), which has "an articulating arm with a digging/lifting attachment and camera to remotely interrogate a suspected explosive hazard and allow the crew to confirm, deny, and/or classify
the explosive hazard."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.