Competitive Landscape for Science Curriculum
To create a competitive report of companies in the elementary/middle school science curriculum by researching six companies and their curriculum courses, competitive advantages, and revenue.
- Amplify is a leading company in student curriculum for all disciplines, including science.
- Amplify Science is Amplify's middle school science program that combines hands-on projects, visual literacy, and digital tools. The program was developed by science education experts and seeks to give students real world experience through their studies.
- Amplify Science was the only middle school science curriculum to be certifed "all green" by EdReports that met the Next Generation Science Standards. The program has also been implemented in many schools in New York City, Chicago, and Denver.
- Total revenue for 2018 was projected to be $125 million.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a learning company that creates curriculum and lessons for schools.
- Its science programs covers all ages from K-12 with its K-8 science program by combining interactive digital technology with digital lessons, visual labs, and incorporating critical thinking. The program allows teachers to give students access to all types of learning tools as each student learns differently.
- Benefit of the program is they incorporate multiple types of learning tools. It was also the only other company in the EdReport to qualify in one of the standards for the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Total revenue in 2018 was $1.3 million.
- McGraw Hill is a company that creates curriculum that is engaging, effective, and intuitive. The company primarily works in science curriculum.
- McGraw Hill has been around since the late-1800s and began working with schools and colleges in the mid-1900s. With this long tradition of partnering with schools and teachers they have implemented some of the first ebooks, personalized learning software, and innovative textbook rentals.
- McGraw Hill has many different curriculums covering all school age children. At the core is the belief in "learning science is interdisciplinary," which means the curriculum integrates concepts from behavioral economics, psychology, and data science. They apply data trends to the curriculum they have been able to identify trends and patterns.
- Total revenue for 2018 was $1.8 million.
- Discovery Education is under the Discovery Channel and designs its curriculum to "reimagine learning."
- Its science programs revolve around solutions, professional development, a community of professionals, and STEM teaching.
- Discovery Education has one awards for some of its programs and multimedia content and serving 51 million students 90 countries around the world. Discovery Education is available in around half of the classrooms in the U.S. alone.
- From a news article it seems that Discovery Education makes over $100 million in revenue a year.
- TCI is a publishing company that creates science curriculum for grades K-12.
- TCI's science programs combine multiple disciplines including online teaching materials, social studies and science textbooks, and lesson plans. It's middle school lessons focus on bringing science to life focusing on "big-picture" concepts and active science.
- Reviews of the company have said they enjoy TCI's streamlining of the lessons, improving student comprehension through the multidisciplinary tools, and adding fun and enjoyment to the classroom with the curriculum.
- We were unable to find a recent total revenue for TCI.
Carolina Biological Supply Company
- Located in North Carolina, the Carolina Biological Supply Company has been creating science teaching materials for 90 years.
- The company offers a wide variety of science curriculums for all ages and touching on topics such as energy works, changing earth, and life and ecosystems that combines STEM tools.
- The company doesn't just create curriculum, but also includes lab tools and other supplies needed to conduct the lesson.
- According to a report, this company's total revenue is over $500 million.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.