Coffee Market in the Maldives
Identify the market size in the Maldives and determine the opportunity to sell coffee beans and coffee machines in order to evaluate an investment opportunity. All numbers will be given in USD.
Maldives Coffee Statistics
- The Maldives imports $3.46 million worth of coffee and tea extracts annually, making up 0.25% of its total imports and 3% of its foodstuffs imports.
- Of the coffee and tea imports, 58% come from Malaysia and 32% come from Australia.
- The Maldives does not export any coffee.
- Over the past five years, imports of coffee have decreased at a rate of 0.17.
- The average cost of a coffee in Male, Maldives is between $1.60 and $2.60. A package of instant coffee in a grocery stores costs about $6.10.
- Movenpick, a coffee bean, capsule, and machine company, launched its brand in the Maldives in March 2018.
- Between January and September of 2019, the Maldives imported 106,005,400 MVR or 6,861,190 USD of coffee.
Global Coffee Statistics
- The global coffee beans market size was valued at $10.471 million in 2017, with noted growth in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The global coffee machine market size was valued at $5.88 billion in 2018, with noted growth in Asia.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.