The initial round of research indicates that there is some information available on this topic for these regions. The research team was able to find some reports that offer insights into the two geographic scopes.
GLOBAL HOME LINEN MARKET
- In 2020, the global bed and bath linen market was estimated to be $74.4 billion. Between 2021 and 2027, this market is expected to have a CAGR of 4.3% reaching $99.7 billion in 2027.
- According to an Expert Market Research Report, the major drivers of this market include "rising disposable incomes, increasing population, the rising housing industry, technological developments, and the growing availability of goods in a wide range of fiber types, textures, fabrics, styles, and colors."
- The major distribution channels of this industry include stores, physical stores such as supermarkets/hypermarkets, online stores, among others.
- The key players in the global bed and bath linen market include Acton & Acton Ltd., American Textile Company, American Textile Systems, Beaumont & Brown Ltd., Beltrami Linen Srl, Boll & Branch LLC, Crane & Canopy Inc., Cuddledown Marketing LLC, Dunelm Group plc, Frette SRL, Hollander Sleep Products, I Love Linen, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., Paradise Pillow, Inc., Peacock Alley, Sanderson, Serta Simmons Bedding LLC, Sleep Number Corp., Tempur Sealy International Inc., The Bombay Dyeing & Mfg. Co. Ltd., The Victoria Linen Co. Ltd., Trident Group, and Welspun India Ltd.
EUROPE HOME LINEN MARKET
Trend: Growth in Disposable Income Among Households
- Since 2013, Europe has witnessed an increase in income and consumption. As such, the purchasing power has increased to EUR 14,739 per person in 2019. This was a 3.5% increase since 2018. The countries that have the highest purchasing power include France, Italy, and Spain,
Trend: The UK as a Prominent Region in this Industry
- The UK accounts for 17% of the total bed linen consumption across all of Europe. This market has demonstrated increased interest in products that are environmentally consious. The increased use of organic cotton has played a great role in the dominance of this market.
- This region is dominated by small and medium companies/players with about 50 employees. Aside from large companies such as IKEA have made a mark, key players in this region include Tirotex, Yorkshire Linen, Victoria Linen, Essenza Home, and Ralph Lauren.
- During our initial one-hour research, the team discovered that the key segment addressed in the home linen market seems to be the bed and bath linen market. As a result, the focus of the next leg of research will be the bed and bath linen market. Details on our recommended research paths have been provided in our proposals below.