Medical Bandage Market Research - UAE
To get informed about the medical bandage market in the United Arab Emirates by finding/estimating the market size in US$. The medical bandage market includes gauze, adhesive, cohesive, and elastic medical bandages. This research will be used for market evaluation.
UAE Medical Bandage Market Insights
- In 2016, Dubai imported wadding, gauze, and bandages for 168,106,997 Dhs, according to a report from Dubai Exports. (the code for wadding, gauze, and bandages is 3005 in the report).
- Dubai's exports of wadding, gauze, and bandages accounted for 3,064,848 Dhs in 2016.
- Consumables include bandages, dressings, suturing materials, syringes, needles, catheters, and glove, etc. "Consumables market will touch 740 Mil AED by 2021 growing from 570 Mil AED in 2017 at around 7% Y‐O‐Y."
- Consumables (including wadding, gauze, and bandages) and "instruments for medical or surgical use and medical furniture represent a good target for investment in domestic manufacturing in UAE. While for potential market, the Asian market is one of the most promising markets for these target products."
- The wound care management market in the UAE is fragmented and competitive. The market consists of several major players that are currently dominating the market: "Medtronic Plc, 3M Company, Smith & Nephew Plc, ConvaTec Inc, Beiersdorf AG, Coloplast A/S."
- The UAE wound care management market will grow at a CAGR of 6.89% between 2017 and 2025.
- The global medical tapes and bandages market will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from $6.13 billion in 2017 to reach $7.39 billion in 2022.
Summary of Our Early Findings Relevant to The Goals
- The goal of the initial hour of the research is to discover the feasibility of the research, to provide early findings, and to understand the overall project viability. Our preliminary research indicated that there is no publicly available data regarding the medical bandage market size (US$) in the United Arab Emirates.
- Thus, we conducted research through government databases, industry-related reports, market reports, and trusted media articles. However, while this strategy was fruitless, we came across some paywalled market reports that could include the market size. However, these market research reports were obstructed by paywalls, which made it impossible to determine the requested data.
- Next, we tried to estimate the UAE market size by finding its market share in the medical bandage market globally, in the Middle East, or the GCC. We aimed to perform the following calculation: UAE market size = global (or MEA/GCC) market size x UAE market share. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the market share of the UAE in the medical bandage market.
- Despite the scarce information, we found some data regarding Dubai's imports and exports data for medical bandages and the market size for consumables (bandages, dressings, suturing materials, syringes, needles, catheters, and glove, etc.).
- As the market size is not publicly available, we are suggesting an alternative research path:
- Since this research will be used to evaluate the market, we are recommending finding the growth drivers in the UAE medical bandage market.
- For the key players in the UAE wound care market, we suggest conducting a competitive analysis to understand their presence in the UAE and identify their competitive advantage.
- To get more insights into the typical consumer in the UAE, we are suggesting further research to uncover this consumer's personal traits by building demographic and psychographic profiles. We could also analyze their media consumption patterns. This research will help to understand the typical consumers in the UAE and the best ways to reach them.
- Our recommendations are based on our findings in early research.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.