PropTech and Commercial PropTech Markets
Determine the sizes of the markets for property technology, commercial property technology, and commercial property technology that is centered on utilization tracking. The information will be used in an investment deck and will also be used to determine the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on said markets.
- The sizes of the markets for property technology, commercial property technology, and commercial property technology that is centered on utilization tracking do not appear to be readily available in the public domain.
- The majority of statistics on property technology appear to center on the amount invested in property technology companies worldwide. For example, an article published by Deloitte shows that around USD 15 billion was invested in these companies globally, with the United States and China being the largest markets, while an article published by Forbes shows that the total amount invested is already USD 18 billion.
- The only property technology market size that is readily available in the public domain is the size of the property technology market in the United Kingdom. The article from Forbes shows that the market for property technology in the United Kingdom is around GBP 6 billion.
- The lack of pre-compiled information on the market sizes may be due to the fact that the property technology market has several verticals and horizontals. A report recently published by Said Business School and the University of Oxford shows that the global property technology market can be segmented into three verticals, namely information, transactions/marketplace, and management/control, and three horizontals, namely real estate fintech, shared economy, and smart buildings.
- According to this report, generalizing the property technology market is "fraught with danger." The fact that this report has a "Sizing the market" section, and this section was unable to provide the size of the market, suggests that the market size is not readily available.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.