North American Salmon Market Size
The goal is to determine the North American salmon market size, as well as a segmentation of the farmed salmon market size.
- The North American salmon market reached 445,480 tons in 2019.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% to reach 544,442 tons by 2025.
- While the market size for farming salmon specifically is not freely available, we did find that the global fish farming market is expected to reach $376.5 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4.77%.
- Salmon prices in the US continue to exceed three-year averages.
- Global production of farmed Atlantic salmon reached 2.5 million tons by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.5%.
- About 60% of the world's salmon supply is farmed.
- The US is responsible for about 15% of the world's salmon imports.
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
Americas Salmon Market: An Analysis (Azoth Analytics, $369)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
There is not much publicly available information on the salmon market size and growth globally, and even less for North America. We suggest continuing with the following next steps:
- 5-7 trends in the North American salmon market. For each trend, we will include what it is, why it is a trend, how it is affecting companies/the economy/market as a whole, and any examples of companies participating in the trend. We will expand to global if necessary.
Alternatively, we can identify the top 3-4 importers or farmers of Atlantic salmon in North America. For each, we will perform a competitive landscape that includes their revenue, how much (in tons) they import, where they are located, and who they supply.