Electrical SCADA Market in the U.S.
To provide the size of the electric utilities segment of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems market in the U.S. To also provide a list of the major players in the SCADA market in the U.S. and their revenues from the SCADA product segment, if possible, or total company revenue.
Estimate of the Electrical SCADA Market Size in North America
- According to MarketsandMarkets, the "global electrical Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) market is expected to grow from an estimated $2.29 billion in 2017 to $3.29 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.48%, during the forecast period."
- From this, the global electrical SCADA segment in 2020 can be estimated at $2.84 billion (1.0748^3*$2.29 billion). This is estimate is close to the $2.91 billion value for 2020 provided by a separate industry report.
- From industry reports, North America is the largest and one of the most advanced markets for electrical SCADA.
- On the broader global SCADA market, North America accounted for nearly one-third of the total in 2017, and is expected to maintain its dominance through 2023.
- Assuming that the region accounts for the same market share in the global electrical SCADA segment, and further assuming that the share can be estimated at 30%, then the North America electrical SCADA market can be estimated at $0.85 billion (30% of $2.84 billion).
- "The increasing adoption of investments by Transmission System Operators (TSOs) and Distribution System Operators (DSOs) in electrical networks and a strong presence of prominent SCADA suppliers, especially in the US and Canada, drive the market growth in the North American region."
- Some of the top players in the electrical SCADA market in the U.S. include Rockwell Automation, Honeywell, Emerson, Open system International, and Advanced Control System.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
- Electrical SCADA Market by Architecture (Hardware, Software, and Services), Component (Master Terminal unit, Remote Terminal unit, Human Machine Interface), Application (Generation, Transmission, and Distribution), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022 (MarketsandMarkets, $5,650)
- Research section: 9.2. Electrical SCADA Market in North America ($687.87)
- Research section: 11. Company Profiles ($3,004.33)
The report presents the global size and other insights into the electrical SCADA market. Sections 9.2 and 11 provide specific information on the U.S. market as part of the North American market, and profiles of the major players in the market, respectively.
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Summary of Findings
- In our preliminary research, we determined that information on the electrical SCADA segment is relatively available. We were able to provide an estimate of the segment for the North American region as information specific to the U.S. market is not publicly available.
- In addition, we provided information on a report by MarketsandMarkets that provides the details on the U.S. market as well as profiles of the major players in this segment.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.