Transport Refrigeration Units
To provide the market size and market value of Transport Refrigeration Units in the U.S. and CARB's regulations pertaining tho the TRUs. This research will determine CARB compliance by TRUs.
The California Air Resources Board (CARB)
The CARB and Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs)
- California needs to reduce emissions from TRUs and TRU generators while in transit and near distribution centers and other locations where they come together.
- TRUs are designed for the refrigeration or heating of perishable goods as they are transported in various containers.
- A noteworthy number of the units gather at truck stops, distribution facilities, and other centers where they emit pollutants, toxic contaminants, and diesel particulate matter, putting those who live nearby at risk.
- Reducing these emissions will decrease any risks to public health, particularly near the most affected communities.
- All owners of TRUs that operate in California are supposed to take steps that reduce air pollution by following regulations that are issued by the CARB.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Summary of Early Findings
- We were unable to locate any pre-compiled, publicly available information that shows the market size for Transport Refrigeration Units in the U.S. All the reports that we found were paywalled.
- Despite this lack of data, there does appear to be a wealth of existing data related to this topic which could likely be used to triangulate an estimated market size. However, additional research/digging would need to be done in order to attempt this.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.