Truck Safety Technology Market Size
Understand the market size of truck safety technologies in the United States including products that help manage distracted driving.
- The United States car connectivity market that produces products in driving safety is estimated to reach $37.35 billion USD by 2023.
- This market includes the use of "vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) connectivity technology, and incorporation of internet of things (IoT) based technologies in the automotive industry."
- Segments in the market include the following:
- Navigation and 4G/LTE services both held 40% of the market respectively in 2017.
Truck Safety Statistics
- According to a report published in 2017, the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety estimates that truck safety technology can help prevent 63,000 crashes per year.
- "Lane departure warning systems can prevent up to 6,372 crashes, 1,342 injuries and 115 deaths each year."
- "Video-based onboard safety monitoring systems can prevent as many as 63,000 crashes, 17,733 injuries and 293 deaths each year."
- "Automatic emergency braking can prevent up to 5,294 crashes, 2,753 injuries and 55 deaths each year."
- "Air disc brakes can prevent up to 2,411 crashes, 1,447 injuries and 37 deaths each year."
- According to the report, 61% of United States adults feel less safe driving past big trucks than cars.
Key Players In US Car Connectivity Market
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.