The goal is to determine the US forklift market size, the common industries that use forklifts, the top forklift manufacturers, and the different kinds of forklifts and their uses.
- The US forklift market size is expected to reach $11.94 billion by 2025.
- Industries that are experiencing increasing demand in forklift use include retail, transportation, manufacturing, and construction.
- The top two forklift manufacturers in the US, by 2018 revenue, are Crown Equipment and Hyster-Yale Materials.
- Most of the top forklift manufacturers are outside of the US. Some examples include Toyota, KION, Mitsubishi, and Longking Forklift.
- There are ten most common types of forklifts: warehouse, side loader, counterbalance, telehandler, industrial, rough terrain, pallet jack, walkie stacker, order picker, and reach fork truck.
- Warehouse forklifts are the most commonly used type as they can be used for many uses including lifting pallets and unloading retail trucks.
- Sideloaders move sideways, allowing them to work in tight warehouse spaces without having to turn around to move up and down an aisle.
- Pallet Jacks are commonly used in retail settings due to their small size and ease of use, though they cannot lift heavier loads.
- Order Pickers are used in warehouses where people need to pick up individual items from a shelf instead of a full pallet. They offer a space for a person to stand and be moved up and down to reach shelves.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.