Market Size: Wireless Charging for Municipal Bus Fleets
To identify the market size of wireless charging for municipal bus fleets.
- The United States electric bus station sub-market of the electric vehicle industry generated $20.9 million in revenue in 2018.
- By 2025, this figure is expected to "surpass $184.5 million" at a cumulative annual growth rate of 37.1%.
- According to the report by Prescient & Strategic Intelligence, "key trend observed in the U.S. electric bus charging station market is growing emergence of wireless charging systems."
- However, plugged-in charging accounts for the largest share of the market due to the early adoption of the technology for personal electric vehicle use.
- On the other hand, the pantograph charging is expected to enjoy the fastest growth of all the charging technologies between 2019 and 2025 due to its fast charging capabilities.
We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
North America Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Market (2020 Edition): Market Insight, Competition and Forecast (2020-2025) (Azoth Analytics, $1,800)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
In the first hour of preliminary research, the research team found that data or insights on the market size of wireless charging for municipal bus fleets may not exist in the public domain. Additional insights and data points to triangulate the figure also seem to not exists in the public domain. The research team was, however, able to provide the market size for electric bus charging in the United States, with further insights on some of the technologies used. While the overall market size figure provided is not segmented by municipal buses or otherwise, there's evidence that most of the electric buses purchased in the United States are from county and city transit agencies.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.