The goal is to understand the meal planning market in the US by looking at market size, pain points, trends, and popular apps.
- One study found that people often stop meal planning because they feel overwhelmed with the whole process.
- People tend to shy away from meal prepping during the recipe-finding phase because they are put off by long or complicated recipes.
- 51% of people say Wednesday is their most likely day of the week to resort to convenient meal kits instead of their own planned recipes.
- 51% of Millennials show interest in meal planning, which is almost four-times as likely as Baby Boomers at 16%.
- The hashtag #mealprepping has been used over 500,000 times on Instagram.
- Four apps that focus on simplifying and organizing meal prep are Mealime, Cozi, Lala Lunchbox, and BigOven.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.