Media Consumption Habits - India and the UK
To understand the media consumption habits of people in United Kingdom and India. This includes how long in general, the population in each country consumes media and which mediums have the highest reach in each country. This information will be used to evaluate markets for a mass media campaign.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine the average time the adults in the UK and India spend on consuming media and which mediums have the highest consumption. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- The average time spent with media each day for adults in the UK is expected to increase by one minute from last year to this year, at 9 hours and 38 minutes.
- This number is expected to increase even more in 2020 to 9 hours and 40 minutes.
- In 2018, the medium that adults in the UK used the most to consume media was smartphones, at 3 hours and 18 minutes, which is expected to grow to 3 hours and 37 minutes this year.
- The next step down from smartphone media consumption is TV, which constituted 2 hours and 59 minutes of media consumption in 2018.
- This number is expected to decline this year, however, to 2 hours and 49 minutes.
- The medium used the LEAST by adults in the UK to consume media is newspapers, which only saw 13 minutes of media consumption last year.
- The average time spent with media among adults in India in 2018 was 4 hours and 38 minutes.
- This is expected to increase in 2019 to 4 hours and 59 minutes.
- In 2018, the medium used the most to consume media was TV, at 58.7%, which is expected to stay the same this year.
- The next step down from TV is digital at 29.2%. This number is broken down by mobile (non-voice) at 23.3%, smartphone at 15.8%, feature phone at 6.1%, and desktop/laptop at 5.9%.
- Digital media consumption is expected to grow slightly this year to 29.9%.
- The mediums that are used the least among adults in India to consume media are radio at 5.5% last year and expected to decrease to 5.3% this year and magazines at 0.4% last year and expected to stay the same this year.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.