Media Streaming Services
To build a comprehensive review of the media streaming services in the industry, including Netflix
, HBO Max
, CBS All Access
, ESPN +
, Youtube TV
, Basic Cable, and Satellite. For each service, find the summary of the service, when it started, the strengths and weaknesses of the service
, the price points
, key content and titles
, current number of subscribers
, 2020 expected number of subscribers
, content spend (how much are they spending on original, new, and total content
), how many people are allowed to watch at a time per plan, and % legacy content viewership.
- Netflix currently has 151 million paid subscribers worldwide as of 2019Q2.
- The number increases to 158 million if free trials were included.
- According to a Statista report, Amazon Prime Video had 26 million subscribers in the US at the end of 2017, and this number has now reached 40 million.
Amazon’s subscription streaming service is known as Prime Video, and Prime members can access proprietary content and other licensed shows. Amazon Prime’s worldwide subscribers now are over 75 million and could reach 100 million by the end of 2020, according to BMO Capital.
- The company forecasts 19.18 million paying subscribers by 2024 in the United States alone.
- Disney executives project between 60 million and 90 million global subscribers by 2024, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- AT&T and WarnerMedia are betting big on HBO Max. AT&T predicted that the service will reach 79 million to 90 million subscribers by 2025, with 50 million in the US.
- YouTube TV now has more than one million subscribers, according to a new Bloomberg report citing sources familiar with the matter.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial search only found some details about the number of subscribers for the listed services, we recommend finding the remaining requested data for each service. This will be US-focused. If another targeted approach is desired, for example, worldwide, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
Also, we recommend finding 10-12 stats that show how the media streaming services' subscribers are consuming media. Stats will include, but not limited to, the time spent watching/consuming media, devices used, and viewership. In addition, we could build the demographic profile of the typical subscriber of media streaming services by compiling the demographic profiles for 4 services (of your choice. For example, we will use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Disney+), then analyze the crossover in the types of people that use these services. This will be US-focused. If another targeted approach is desired, for example, worldwide, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.
Additionally, we recommend analyzing the media streaming industry by:
1- Finding the market size of media/video streaming services and growth rate (if available) for the United States.
2- Finding the breakdown of the industry by services market share. The market share will be based on revenue.
3- Finding 2-3 trends surrounding the consumption of media streaming services' content.
This will be US-focused. If another targeted approach is desired, for example, worldwide, this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply. Please check this box if we should proceed with this research.