Senior-Focused Mobile Devices
To identify up to 10 mobile devices, including device brand name, version, model, and operating system, which are recommended for seniors (65+) or disabled individuals. This information will be used to help to understand potential device usage for the target audiences of a Medicare app in development.
In this one-hour of research, we have compiled a list of recommended senior and disabled-focused mobile devices, their brand, version, model number, and operating system. Recommended phones are typically based on senior and disabled-friendly features (e.g., large screen, large font) and performance.
Recommended Senior or Disabled-Focused Mobile Devices
- Jitterbug Smart2, Model A622LJBS1 (Alcatel A30 Plus with GreatCall software), customized Android Nougat 7.0
- Oukitel C12, Model B07QFTSXN5, Android 8.1
- Ulefone Power 6, Model B07TC6W4FW, Android 9.0 PIE
- Blackview BV BV5500 GSM IP68, Model BV 5500, Android 8.1
- Moto G6, Model PAAE0008US, Android 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Model SM-G870A, Android 4.4 KitKat
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Model N60U, Android 8.1
- Google Pixel 3aXL, Model G020C , Android 9.0 Pie
- Motorola Moto G7 Power, Model PAEC0003SV, Android 9.0
- Apple iPhone 11, Model MWKP2LL/A, iOS 11.0
- Apple iPhone 8 Plus, Model MQ8D2LL/A-AMZN724, iOS 12.0
- Apple iPhone XR, Model SMAPIXRG64WTP5B, iOS 12.0
Summary of Additional One Hour Of Research Relevant To The Goals
We identified several lists of recommended senior and disabled-focused smartphones for this compilation. All recommendations were based on recent lists (within the past 5 months), from technical and senior-focused experts, including PCMag, TechRadar, and Assisted Living Today. Other senior and tech-focused sources, such as the Senior List and Technobezz, were cross-referenced, and included many of the same recommendations. Each phone is linked to a retail site in which more detail can be found about the phone (typically Amazon, but in some cases, other online retailers, such as Best Buy).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We recommend providing additional detail, reviews and sample consumer feedback for 5-7 of the mobile devices listed above. For each, we will describe the 2-3 key features offered by the device, an average consumer rating for the device (typically from Amazon, but could be from another review site, if relevant), and 1-2 verbatim reviews from consumers.
We recommend providing 5-7 additional recommended senior and disabled-focused smartphones, including name, model number, operating system, average consumer rating, and 1-2 verbatim reviews from consumers.