Meeting and Conference Market
The goals of this research are to find between five and seven examples of private capital investments in the meeting and conference industry over the past two years and to provide additional insights about consolidation/fragmentation within said industry, with a specific focus on U.S. examples and insights. This research will be used to determine whether a roll-up strategy in the conference and meeting market is worthwhile.
Investments Within The Past Two Years
- We were able to find three examples of private investments within the past two years.
- On February 21, 2019, it was announced that "PRA, a leading business event management company in the United States, . . . acquired Koncept Events of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Through eight strategic add-on acquisitions completed under CI Capital's ownership, PRA has established an end-to-end event management company and enhanced its service offering in key destinations . . . ."
- In June 2018, it was reported that "PSAV, a global leader in event experiences, entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by private equity and real estate funds affiliated with Blackstone from affiliates of Goldman Sachs and Olympus Partners."
- One of private equity firm HGGC's portfolio companies is Aventi, which is a "leading event management software company." In October 2018, Aventi acquired ITN International, which is an events company that, each year, services "125 events, 10,000 exhibitors and 1.5 million attendees."
- Additionally, we found this article specifically about M&A within the B2B meetings/conference/events industry, which directly pertains to this subject.
Investments in 2017 & 2016
- During our research, we found two private capital investments in the meetings and conference industry outside of the past-two-year range we focused on. We wanted to include these investments because of their applicability to this subject, even though they are from over two years ago.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.