To gain a full understanding of the company Mejuri including where their business comes from, their most important markets, advertising/marketing strategies, organizational structure, and key people in the marketing department.
- Mejuri was founded in 2015 by Majed Masad and Noura Sakkijha. It is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- The company sells handcrafted, find jewelry direct-to-consumer. By cutting out the middle-man, it is able to offer jewelry without the traditional markups.
- Unlike traditional jewelers that market to men who purchase jewelry for women, Mejuri targets women themselves. "With a staff of over 80% women, Mejuri is a company by women for women." The company's current customer base is 75% women buying for themselves, of which 75% are millennials.
- According to Sakkijha, women should be able to think about jewelry purchases the same way they do about buying shoes or handbags. It should fit their everyday lives and come at a reasonable price.
- In order to keep prices low, Mejuri focuses on online sales with only two showrooms, one in New York and one in Toronto. In addition, the company has cut-out expensive manufacturers and marketing campaigns.
- The company's motto is less is more. Their advertising campaign consists of "weekly drops", an unheard of concept in the jewelry industry. The weekly drops of fresh inventory take place every Monday on Instagram for their 444,000 followers and products sell out quickly.
- Mejuri actively works with social media influencers and bloggers to help promote the products. Influencers have included Cher Bai, Melissa Male, Alexandra Ling, and Arielle Berze.
- In March, Mejuri opened up a weeklong pop-up shop in Vancouver. The wait to get into the shop on opening day was hours long.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.