Metamucil and bloating
To determine whether metamucil helps with bloating or causes bloating and to understand how long bloating from metamucil lasts.
- Metamucil is a "fiber laxative that is used to treat occasional constipation or bowel irregularity." It mainly uses psyllium fiber as its core ingredient.
- Metamucil takes about 12 to 72 hours to work.
- Unfortunately, bloating is one of metamucil's biggest side effects.
- This is not surprising considering that metamucil forms a psyllium gel that moves through the digestive system, trapping the waste as it moves down.
- As the laxative does not work immediately, the substances that are trapped can release gases and cause bloating.
- Usually it takes several days for the stomach to adjust to the drug and to stop the bloating.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.